Current information on Taxicard provision
Information about the outcome of Lambeth Council’s Cabinet meeting is being developed and will be sent out very soon. However, here is a brief outline of the outcome of the recent consultation.
- The minimum customer contribution per trip will increase by £1.00 from £1.50 to £2.50.
- Users can continue to use double swiping, when you swipe your taxicard twice to take a longer journey.
- The annual number of trips will be reduced from 144 to 96.
- Users can continue to roll over unused trips to the next month.
- Lambeth will reduce the subsidy it pays to the taxi companies by £2.00 per trip to £8.30 (day time), £9.30 (weekends) and £10.80 (at night).
- The Council will review the scheme in a year’s time in case any further changes are needed.
It is envisaged that the above changes would be implemented from the 1st of October 2011.
The council say they appreciate that these changes may not suit everyone, but have done their best to follow what people told them during the consultation, whilst making the savings that are necessary.
If you want to ask questions about these changes, you can contact the council using any of the contact details below:
- send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- text on: 07772 103 628
- phone on freephone: 0800 013 1497
Lambeth Adults' and Community Services
10 Wandsworth Road
London SW8 2LL
Find out more about the decision process and read the full report here
« Back to News from Lambeth Council