Calling all Dementia Carers SAVE THE DATE
Wednesday, 4 June from 12noon to 1pm @ the Healthy Living Club, Lingham Court, 10 Lingham Street, Stockwell, London SW9 9HF
Work is now going on to develop a new single Social Care Hub for Lambeth. This will bring together the main voluntary sector services for disabled and older people, people with long-term conditions and adult and young carers into a new service which, it is planned, should be in place by the end of 2014.
The Council is working with the current providers of services to these client groups, including DASL, Lambeth Resolve and Carers Hub Lambeth consortia, and with NHS Lambeth to 'co-produce' the new Hub. This will be based on what service users and other stakeholders tell us through 'co-production' events and surveys through to late June.
As part of the coproduction meetings with Lambeth Council to discuss the new “Social Care Hub”, we are holding a special meeting just for carers of someone living with Dementia as we feel that you will have particular issues and views about the proposed changes.
The main questions we will be asking are: -
- As a carer what makes the biggest difference to your life?
- What are the services and activities that are most important to you and why?
- What other activities would you like to have as part of the new service and why?
- Where do you want to be able to access services?
- How do you want to be able to access services?
- When do you want to be able to access services?
- What do you want your services to be called?
WHAT IF I CAN NOT MAKE IT?
There are other ways to give your views and have your voice heard, find out more by clicking on the links below.
There is an online survey you can leave your opinions on at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CFSLKJ3
The more carers the council hear from, the more they will have to listen!
« Back to News from the Hub
« Back to Dementia
« Back to News from Lambeth Council