Learning Disabilities Service
Lambeth Mencap and Help for Carers form 'Carers Hub Lambeth' which is part of the Independent Living and Carers Partership
Carers’ Advice, Support and Development Worker,
43 Knight's Hill
London SE27 0HS
0208 655 7707 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Lambeth Mencap Carers’ Service
This project has two broad aims:
- to develop and support the involvement of family carers in the work of the Lambeth Learning Disability Assembly
- to identify carers’ support needs and ways that these can be addressed
Who is the project for?
The role of the Carers’ Development service is to increase carer involvement, to help carers get the information and support they need, and to know about their rights as carers.
What does the project do?
The Carers Development Service can provide the following types of support:
- Support to take part in the Lambeth Learning Disability Assembly
- A Regular Carers’ Update on issues important to carers including email bulletins.
- Regular Carers’ Forums for carers to make their views known and to be taken forward to the decision makers in the council and health authority. These meetings provide an opportunity to receive and share information, and also to be able to talk to the people who make decisions.
- Individual work with carers to provide information, help them to get services and offer general support.
- Attending community care assessments and reviews and arranging carer’s assessments
The Carers Development Service seeks to promote carer involvement and empowerment.
www.lambethmencap.org.uk Twitter: @LambethMencap